1. Arrange furniture to provide open pathways to walk through.
2. Periodically check the condition of outdoor walkways and steps and repair as necessary.
3. Remove fallen leaves or snow from outdoor walkways.
4. Secure electrical and phone cords out of traffic areas.
5. Use non-skid throw rugs in potentially slippery places, like bathrooms and kitchens.
6. Install handrails in stairways and porches.
7. Never stand on a chair, table or surface with wheels.
8. Use a sturdy step stool when climbing or reaching for high places.
9. Always wear sensible footwear.
10. Keep floors and stairs clean and clear of clutter.
11. Maintain good lighting both indoors and on outdoor walkways.
12. Clean up all spills immediately.